Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Been So Long!

Okay...so I'm sorry about the blog slackin'.

Anyways...it's been an interesting day. First we were short staffed at work because everyone's getting sick. Then we had a homeless guy come in asking for some water; we were going to give him some coffee but then he just reached into our tip jar. My co worker grabbed the jar and tried to fight him but he ran away. Then our coffee urns broke for about an hour during our busy time so for an hour we were a coffee shop without coffee. It was interesting. On my walk home though I got in a better mood. I was walking through Chinatown when I found an awesome little card shop; I spent way too much time in there. :) Then walking through Union Square, they have the ice skating ring up starting today. There were all these business men on their lunch breaks skating. A good majority of them could skate pretty good, especially for being in suits! They're also getting the big Christmas tree set up there. Eeps! It's coming!!

So I've been all over the place lately. I finally got a room which I love. I live with my coworker who's very nice & sweet. I'm right near downtown so I don't need to really take buses or trains anymore, I'm walking distance to work, school and all sorts of really neat places.

Since I wrote last I've been doing so much. I saw my first opera, hung out at the beach, went to the Aquarium of the Bay, eaten very good Ethiopian, Vietnamese, curry, crab, Thai, fruits that I don't know how to pronounce or eat, etc. I know they always talk about all the good food here...but it's still way more than you'd ever expect. I've been walking all around the city in different neighborhoods. I love my neighborhood cause it's kinda rough but right next to the theater district, the city hall, opera house, symphony house, downtown, and right by a really ritzy part of the city. I get to walk past beautiful art galleries and designer clothing stores everyday.

There's this cafe by my house called the Moulin Rouge. :) It's so cute...almost a old swiss lodge design with a rounded leather bar inside and all the tables are different mosaics of old porcelain. It's owned by a cute old Asian couple. The wife has a sign by her that states "Please don't stand behind and watch me cook, it makes me nervous." he he :) They also have replicas of the Moulin Rouge paintings on the inside & outside of the building. It's really small, maybe 10 tables for 2-4 people.

Anyways, before this gets too long...I've been doing a lot, I've been doing pretty good. As many of you already know, I've been going through a lot. Looking for a place, working, going to school, drama, a divorce, being sick, moving...etc. But overall I absolutely love it out here & feel that I've found my place. I want to thank everyone that's helped me & put up with me. You've all been very supportive and helpful in all your different ways. For those of you in Wi...I hope to see you this weekend when I come out. Don't forget, Cock n Toast at midnight on Saturday!

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. - Marcel Proust

1 comment:

lena said...

Hi Jaye! Sounds like you're discovering the city. Isn't it amazing? You live in my old neighborhood, actually, I loved that place. Make sure to check out Cafe Bean at Sutter and Taylor (or is it Jones?) It's really delicious. Also, if you want a cheap breakfast after a long night studying or partying, head to Golden Coffee which is one block over from there.